You must have seen

That monstrosity you see here is called a Lion Mane jellyfish. That little blip off to the left is a diver.

Lion mane jellyfish

1 Like

I’m very glad you liked them. It’s a pleasure.
:hugs:

Post deleted.

I wish, if you’re talking about ______! Yes, I had a good deal of trouble trying to edit what I thought was the first post. I didn’t know until your post that there was a duplicate.

At most, I see two posts on my screen at once. Sometimes less than one, if it’s a long post or has pictures.

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

4 Likes

Oh wow, now THAT was clever. Thank you for sharing it with us.

2 Likes

To look at this sculpture, you might think it’s dr__ed with a thin, almost transparent piece of cloth. However, amazingly it’s made of solid marble – yes, the entire statue.

Imagine having the ability to render solid stone transparent.

Giovanni Strazza possessed this incredibly rare artistic talent. His masterpiece, “The Veiled Virgin,” carved from flawless Carrara marble, stands as one of the most astounding achievements in the history of sculpture.

5 Likes

A truly amazing piece of Art.

Today, I learned something I never knew about a VERY famous TV show. It goes back more than 50 years, so it may not mean much to you youngsters in the room.

In the '70s sitcom, All In The Family, Archie Bunker had a son-in-law named Mike Stiver played by none other than Rob Reiner, who went on to direct, When Harry Met Sally, A Few Good Men and The Bucket List, just to name a few.

I was floored. I had no idea that was Rob Reiner, until today, 50+ years later.

Some of you may know this:

but did you also know that this machine was copied in real?
well, at least partially. ‘catching’ the balls is virtually non-existent

1 Like

I realize I’m getting old :crazy_face:

May well be the sweetest music video I’ve ever seen :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The Power of Magnets

1 Like

Well this is the concept of a rail gun…

Ever since I was a kid, magnetism has always fascinated me. Now, with these powerful neodymium magnets, even more so. This was an amazing demonstration of their immense power.

This guy has spent a small fortune in these magnets.

1 Like

That tide rolls in fast! Is that in Canada?

I have heard the phrase “too close for comfort” but that’s just ridiculous! :bullettrain_side: :coffee:

$54.600.000 - I’ll have several of them then please, built all over the world!!

The views from that one are incredible.

Definitely Ary & George who were writing there.

They were former participants at VH right? Ary & George? :slight_smile: