You must have seen

Also good for hiding from cameras.
:grin: :innocent:

For those who might be interested, I found a larger version (higher resolution) of this picture. You could enlarge it further, AI software does a great job of enlarging without loss of quality (to a point, of course). Then you could frame it and hang it on your wall. Just a thought.

The resolution is 1638 x 2048.

1 Like
1 Like

Each red flag represents a dead body on Mt Everest. Because the mountain is so high/cold, it’s nearly impossible to retrieve the bodies safely.

It’s sad and amazing how many bodies are up on Mt Everest. I counted a few (not all) below the dotted line and came to 34. I didn’t count any above the dotted line. There must be over 100 bodies up there.

main-qimg-13a029607492eff498a8110c94549963

Here is one of them. He’s known as ‘Green Boots’.

main-qimg-f26bf1dbd05a24d7a9daf51ccf0cbc9e

1 Like

Well but that people going there know the risks.

Looks like a storm at sea.

Looks like a storm at sea

3 Likes

A volcanic eruption.

A volcanic eruption

2 Likes

main-qimg-a06755a9cc1e46bb1e5cf48a33b288ed

1 Like

The Oldest Tree in the world, Tanzania, is 6000 years old.

3 Likes

An Arcus cloud passing over the street.

4 Likes

The Crooked Forest in West Pomerania, Poland has over 400 bent pine trees.

2 Likes

At the very dawn of the 20th century, Russian photographer Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii (1863-1944) developed a three lens camera that produced pictures of unbelievable quality for the time. Impressed, the Tsar Nicolas II sent him on a photographic survey of the Russian Empire.

The pictures Sergei managed to take, despite being over a century old, look like they could have been taken yesterday, giving a crystal clear window into the daily lives of Russians and their subjects ten years before the Soviet Union.

Note: These pictures were larger when I copied them from the source. I couldn’t click on them to enlarge them, but I was able to zoom in on them to enlarge them. Considering they are more than 100 years old, the quality is truly unbelievable.

Search Sergei Prokudin-Gorskii for yourself, because all his pictures are breathtaking and this is far from all of them.

2 Likes

Last Night in Swed… um, Island

The magma beneath Grindavík had spread underground over the last few months, and now it can not only be felt but also seen

2 Likes

Asperatus clouds over New Zealand. Very cool.

Asperatus clouds over New Zealand. This one is very cool

I put these five in the wrong topic originally.
1 Like

main-qimg-22256160a3274a41b3d9824a51180f54-lq

2 Likes

The Japanese flower, Phi.

The Japanese flower, Phi

3 Likes

Another sunset under the clouds.

1 Like

A square cloud as seen from an airplane.

1 Like

mason domino

3 Likes

Jacob’s Well.

Jacob’s Well

1 Like