VHTV and the Chamber of Chatters

The trouble so far in the UK is you can only get what the current infrastructure will allow, but work is going on to install more full fibre around the country.
For the top speeds one obviously needs full fibre to the home NOT just fibre to the cabinet which is what the majority is right now unless you live in a big town or city.

Yes, that’s very true. and in most areas Virgin Media is the only option if you want Fiber broadband.

Yes, Virgin. Takes time on the phone to talk to “retentions” though which is so frustrating. I use Chat as I just lose my temper on the phone taking to non-native English speakers. Make sure you get a transcript of whatever they tell you

Helps that I used to do the job they do, but with TalkTalk, so know trigger points etc.!!

1 Like

Very true but Virgin just isn’t available in our country bumpkin area lol.
Your speed of 250MB is more than adequate for anything you want to do.
My speed is around 30MB which is adequate for my needs at this moment as i can stream anything with no problem to PC or tele or even VH :joy:.
Yes i would like to have it a bit faster if only to brag about it lol but for my needs is quite adequate.
For the majority of users the high speeds are completely unnecessary and a waste of money.

You will have the laugh of your life if you see me (non-native English speaker) talking with one of them guys. Took me 1h26 minutes with the Three customer service for a phone contract upgrade :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Been with TalkTalk for years now and never had any real problems with them, you often read some have had problems but so do other suppliers with some users.
Funnily the one supplier i hear most moaning about is Virgin :joy:
Suppose you pays your money and takes your choice :joy:

In my experience , Virgin Media’s customer service employees are either Scottish or Irish. However one may still class them as " non-native English speakers". :laughing:

Could you ever have a worse combination? :joy: :joy: :joy:

That is why I use Chat wherever possible! Most have the facility, but it can be well hidden!

TalkTalk are “Violet-Eilizabeth” - When they’re are good, they are very,very good, but when they’re bad, they are f%%king awful!

The vast majority of the tech problems are down to afore-mentioned infrastructure which of course they can do nothing about as it is maintained by a monopoly

The worst complaints i often read about is if you want to cancel with Virgin as it seems to be almost an impossibility, without spending hours on the b___dy phone :joy:

I am definitely one of them :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

TIM landline 24.90 euros per month unlimited calls to all numbers…(if you live in big cities by paying a little more you get a speed of 10gb download and 2gb upload)

Think you may have left some zero’s off there somewhere :joy:

May have to apologise @andre85, getting my gb & mb confused :wink:

I understand that scottish and irish speaking local dialects are very hard to understand even for more regular english speakers? Is that correct? :joy: :slight_smile:

Yes that is correct but even worse is the accent.
If they have a very strong accent it is almost impossible to understand them even if they are speaking english. :joy:
Very much the same for the welsh accent and many regional accents in the UK.

I understand what you are saying perfectly. :hugs: :slight_smile:

Maybe next time you should use text to speech. :hugs:

That makes sense since the average income in Romania is roughly a little over 800 Euros isn’t it?