Reports of cameras too sensitive to light

The problem here is purely due to the types of cameras used by VHTV. They are inexpensive Hikvision box cameras with limited settings. DS-2CD2443G0-IW that is the model number of one version they use it is a 4mp one there is a better one of 5mp but they are all limited to the settings in the firmware. If they are set so they can handle the bright light then the room would appear too dark. Using the backlight settings in the camera management can help a little but is limited to areas, the options are Up, Down, Left, Right, Centre and off. The exposure setting can also be altered, but that opens another can of worms as that can cause pixilation and blurring of participants movement under low light. If VHTV was to spend a lot of money on more professional security cameras the costs would be passed on to us the subscribers. I am afraid these cameras just about do the job so VHTV will stick with them, it is what it is.

Small update, I have just seen some of the pictures of the Almira realm and one in particular shows an even older model which is a 2mp camera. A lot of the cameras I have noticed are the wider angle 2.8 mm lens instead of the 4mm one thus making the balance of too bright vs too dark even harder to balance as the 2.8mm lets a lot less light into the image sensor.

read it but no idea what you’re saying but if it improves the watching experience you have my vote :slight_smile:

In a nutshell, all of the cameras VHTV use are basic and cheap, so making adjustments to reduce glare and not darkening the room so it is viewable is nigh on impossible.