Another strange occurrence

If you mean a certain frame in a video, I always found the easiest and most accurate way to get to a particular frame was to stop it just before the frame you want, then use the player’s controls to advance it one frame at a time. At least, that’s how I did it when I was on Windows.

I wouldn’t have said it if I hadn’t done it and knew it to be true.

I used to do something similar, but since the big update it doesn’t work properly anymore, the caching of the video files works differently/worse for such functions

1 Like

Possibly, it’s speeding up what’s in the buffer. Maybe that’s why there were more stops and starts.

the current buffer system does not seem to work properly. it seems as if the buffer has been massively reduced in size and is being filled faster than necessary. the result is that at some point (approx. every 2.5 minutes) the buffer is forcibly emptied and overwritten instead of continuing to work smoothly, which forces a jump to the last timecode in the buffer, which was only partially played. this makes screen recording extremely difficult
(I’m not an expert/programmer, I’m just describing how it feels)

2 Likes

Totally mirrors what I experience on just reading the forum and is infuriating! There MUST be a setting somewhere in the forum software that could easily be modified. Any programmers with the relevant knowledge out there? @kaya - could you pass to the relevant people please?